The Goregaon Mulund Link Road project is a 12km infrastructure that connects Mulund to Goregaon. After the Jogeshwari Vikhroli link road, ghodbunder road, and Santacruz Chembur link road, GMLR has been considered the fourth east-to-west corridor in Mumbai.
The estimated project cost of GMLR is 6225 crores. It reduces travelling time by reducing the traffic on the road. Currently, the travelling time from Mulund to Goregaon is 80 minutes. Once the GMLR project is finished, the travelling time will be reduced to only 20 minutes.
Read the post to know the brief of this GMLR project.
Plan of GMLR project
The project of Goregaon Mulund Link Road spans 12.2km. The construction of two tunnels has been composed by BMC below to SGNP.
- The 1.6km and 4.7km long tunnel will operate under Sanjay Gandhi national park. Both tunnels are set up 20-200 meters below ground level.
- New ventilation technology is used to build these two tunnels. There are no ventilation outlets above to ground. It means there is no wildlife disturbance to this project.
- The major length of the road will be widened to reduce traffic congestion.
- As per the project plan, the road will start from the Eastern Express Highway at Goregaon.
4 phases of the Upcoming Project
Here are the phases in which the upcoming infrastructure road project is divided.
- Bridge construction near Nahur railway station
- Widening of the road between the western and eastern suburbs
- Development of proposed flyovers and twin tunnels near Sanjay Gandhi national park at several intersections
- Flyovers at the intersection of western and eastern expressways
This Goregaon Mulund Link Road project has gotten the go-ahead from NBWL (national wildlife board) and ESZ (eco-sensitive zone).
How does the life of people become easy with the GMLR project?
It has been determined that the GMLR project has been a game changer for Nahur, Mulund, Airoli, Bhandup, and Kanjurmarg. The great connectivity and infrastructure will boost these areas.
- The fast connectivity boosts the residential and commercial regions in the Nahur-Bhandup-Mulund belt.
- This project gives high appreciation and value to this region.
- The upcoming project of Mulund is the marathon millennium. This project is 10km far from GMLR
- It offers a good office space range from 350-10000 sq ft area
- This road project will provide great relief to people who need to go to the western suburbs area for daily work
- Currently, the travelling time from Mulund to Goregaon is 1.5 hours through Godhbunder Road or JVLR, but with the GMLR project, people can easily reach Mulund to Goregaon in 30 minutes
- Residents of townships in Mulund who need to move to suburban areas for daily purposes will get benefit from this project due to good connectivity.
The GMLR project made the life of people easy who want to move from Mulund to Goregaon. It saves their time, by reducing the travelling time and traffic.